April 21st, 2022: Listening

 

How often have we heard couples complain about one another for not listening?

Soon they also discover that their hearts are also distancing.


Listening is not only about learning the needs of the other.

It is about having the willingness to walk the journey with one another.


We don't need to have answers when listening.

Our significant other just wants to know that we are caring.


When we have to listen, we might not hear the real message.

Our heart builds up resentment, and our mind fails to embrace the beauty of marriage.


The absence of listening is also the source of intense loneliness.

When we fail to listen to our partner, we practice an acceptable form of phoniness.


Listening to God is how we receive His guidance.

Yet, we are too busy and distracted then we express defiance.


Listening to God demands time to care for our spiritual well-being.

Time of reflection and prayers should be how we practice life-centering.


Proverbs 5: 1-2

"My son, be attentive to my wisdom; incline your ear to my understanding,

that you may keep discretion, and your lips may guard knowledge."


Proverbs 10: 8

"The wise of heart will receive commandments, but a babbling fool will come to ruin."


Psalm 25: 4-5

"Make me to know your ways, O Lord; teach me your paths. Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long."

Popular Posts