April 19th. 2022: Take My Yoke...

"Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Matthew  11: 29-30

Take His yoke your upon us means that we have to pay attention to His cues.
Sometimes we have to slow down and be aware of our miscues.

We might think that we are about God and His work.
In actual fact, we might be just after our own self-worth.

We dream of our own self-importance and proclaim how good we are.
By doing so we simply diminish God's involvement in human welfare.

Follow His footsteps means not to run before Him.
We will see things more clearly and won't be such a wimp.

The tenderness of God is where our souls rest.
When we embrace His mercy, we will be able to live out our best.

Humility is not self-abasement .
It is the willingness to serve others without the need for personal advancement.

Our burden is light because we don't have to carry it alone.
Easter tells us that God is with us and there is no need to bemoan.

 

Popular Posts